Law Office of Kenneth J. Macksoud
When what matters most is on the line, experience matters.
Understanding your rights during a family law matter can be extremely overwhelming because family law proceedings are often plagued with confusing requirements and complicated provisions. If you have questions about or are currently involved in a family law issue in the Ocean State, here at Kenneth J. Macksoud we can help.
Important Family Law Matters You May Face
Family law refers to all types of law and legal disputes that occur amongst members of the same household or who have a familial relationship. We are experienced in representing clients in navigating multiple areas of family law, including:
- Divorce. Perhaps the most common reason to seek the counsel of a family law attorney is that you are experiencing or want to pursue a divorce. Our attorney services can help guide you through this process efficiently and effectively while representing your best interests.
- Child Custody. Officially known as allocation of parental responsibility, one parent may be awarded significantly more decision making capabilities than the other parent. Let us advocate on your behalf.
- Visitation. Now known as parenting time, visitation is a parent’s right to spend time with his or her child. Our attorney services will fight for your right to build or maintain what is most important, the relationship you have with your child.
- Child Support. One parent may be ordered by the court to pay child support. However, individuals do not always follow through on their support orders, creating a financial burden for the custodial parent. Mr. Macksoud has represented clients on both sides of this issue and can help you seek modification or enforcement of a child support order.
- Spousal Support. Maintenance, formerly known as alimony, is an order by the court for one spouse to make financial contributions to the other after a divorce. You may be eligible for a significant award for maintenance depending on a number of factors. Let us help you seek a fair award.
- Prenup Agreement It may also be called a premarital agreement, an antenuptial agreement, a marriage contract or a prenup for short. Its purpose is to settle financial matters in advance in the event of either a divorce or death.
- Father’s Rights In a parentage, separation, or divorce proceeding which involves issues of child custody and child support, many fathers are unaware of their rights. Our attorney services can help a father establish paternity, seek custody, or establish legal parentage and associated rights with a child.
Kenneth J. Mackoud is an attorney dedicated to protecting your finances, quality of life, future, and family.
Robert S. Family Law Client